Updated: Sep 15, 2021
Government Committee report 7/12/2021
CCCD meeting 6/17/2021
• Clear Creek Conservancy District Board reported intentions to look into state funds that may be available for infrastructure projects such as the the wastewater treatment expansion being considered. The Indiana General Assembly via HEA 1001 (2021), has allocated $100 Million of federal Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds to the Indiana Finance Authority (IFA) to provide grant funding to Indiana utilities for wastewater, drinking water and stormwater projects that either protect or improve public health or water quality. This new program is called the State Water Infrastructure Fund or "SWIF" program, and applications are due by July 15th.
• Fencing of the spillway to prevent public access is approved and is to occur pending vendor schedule availability, likely this fall.
• 1529 account locations reported to date (6/17/2021)
• Next CCCD meeting 7/15/2021 10am at Conservancy office
Commissioners meeting 6/21/2021
• Kelly Russ, PC EMS Director, reported 3 ambulances operating, with 2 backups. This is the highest level of readiness in the county since my reporting began 2 years ago.
• Highway department reported that Double ChipnSeal road work has started. Previously reported, several roads in Jefferson Valley are scheduled this season.
• Commissioners approved a resolution to partner with Hendricks and Boone counties for infrastructure grants (not to include roads and bridges) through the State READI program. To accelerate the state’s economic growth, Indiana launched the Regional Economic Acceleration and Development Initiative (READI), an initiative by the Indiana Economic Development Corporation that will dedicate $500 million in state appropriations to promote strategic investments that will make Indiana a magnet for talent and economic growth. Since the meeting, Montgomery county has also joined in. Up to $50 million may be available for this regional partnership. This would not be “free money” as it would require investment from local government and private investors.
Next Government Committee meeting is Wednesday July 21 at 6:30 pm